For a leading international company in construction and industrial sector we are looking for a
R&D ENGINEER WOOD CONSTRUCTION (M/V/X)
CDM Stravitec in Overijse
THE JOB IN A NUTSHELL:
CDM Stravitec is a leading international company specialized in the design, manufacture and installation of noise and vibration isolation systems for construction and industry. They are active in more than 30 countries worldwide with 10 own branches abroad and 2 assembly units and 1 production unit. They employ about 80 people and are recognized to be the technological leader in its field.
This expanding, trendsetting family-owned company with headquarters in Belgium is looking for a driven R&D Engineer Wood Construction to strengthen their growing team and support their worldwide expansion. If executing product development from A to Z, together with your colleagues, boosts your energy and gives you job satisfaction, this might be the job for you!
DID THAT SPARK YOUR INTEREST?
We’re happy to share more information!
- You are responsible for the follow-up and elaboration of development files specifically related to the wood construction segment.
- You oversee and are accountable for R&D projects and product development related to the wood segment
- You follow up on external measurement campaigns and are hands-on so you can set up internal measurement campaigns yourself.
- You are not alone in this: in this position you work closely together with the Technical Manager, the Lab Responsible and Product Managers to design the most optimal solutions and products.
- Your new workplace is a vibrant and innovative Belgian company that is a globally recognized as a market leader in their sector and active in more than 30 countries.
- You will be based at their headquarters south of Brussels.
THESE ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AS AN R&D ENGINEER WOOD CONSTRUCTION:
- As an R&D Engineer you actively participate in the development of new solutions and products.
- In close collaboration with your colleagues, you evaluate various ideas and decide – within the company’s priorities– which ones will be further developed.
- You breathe, sleep and eat product development in all its aspects, from rough idea to finished marketable product;
- You perform calculations and develop new test methods to assess the developed product thoroughly;
- You follow up on external measurement campaigns for both new and existing products.
- You interpret measurement results and adjust designs where needed.
- You generate and suggest solutions for technical problems, validate and develop concepts up to the production phase.
- You take care of all the steps in the product development process complying to the applicable standards of the products.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT JOB FOR YOU?
We like the sound of that too! Do you also meet these requirements?
- You have at least a Bachelor degree in Industrial or Civil Engineering or Industrial Product Design.
- Experience in wood construction and/or R&D is obviously in your favor.
- You are passionate about wood (or at the least very interested!).
- You are inquisitive and like to get things done.
- You have practical design knowledge and get a kick out of optimizing prototypes.
- You are no stranger to 3D design programs.
- Your colleagues describe you as a very organized, solution-oriented and having an eye for detail.
- Strong project and time management skills are among your strengths.
- You express yourself fluently in English – knowledge of any other language is a plus.
- You are a team player actively contributing to the team’s and company’s mission.
- A full time contract.
- An interesting job at an international company in full expansion.
- You will be part of a young and dynamic team.
- Plenty of opportunities for personal and professional development.
- An attractive compensation package with a competitive salary and employee benefits.
WOOD YOU LIKE TO MAKE A CAREER MOVE (pun intended)?
Go for it and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Convince us with your resume and a cover letter that you are the R&D Engineer Wood Construction we are looking for! Send us your application via e-mail to Eva Govaerts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fill in the form below. Should you have any further questions or require more information, do not hesitate to contact Eva via e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (+32 474 7439 45).